3. Hands-free function. This is important especially when you’re driving a car. But remember, don’t get in the habit of talking on your cell phone while driving. If you must take a call, always use the hands-free function.
4. Personally check the unit. There are hundreds of cell phone units in the market today and all of them boasts of convenience and functionality. But you can only make a good judgment when you personally try out the features yourself.
5. Clarity of speakers. Make sure that the speakers of the cell phone unit transmits clear and easily audible sound.
6. Check the contract. If you’re going to buy a free cellular phone included in a carrier’s package, check the terms and conditions.
7. Go with an unlocked phone. If you’re a frequent traveller, an unlocked phone will give you more flexibility since you can use it with different GSM-compatible carriers anywhere in the world.
8. Buy in bulk. If you’re planning to buy cell phones for each member of you family, find a family plan package to enjoy more savings.
9. Check the bandwidth. Very important for travelers. See to it that the mobile phone is capable of receiving coverage anywhere you go.
10. Buy one with a money-back guarantee. After you bought your phone, use it to the max to test its durability and check all its functions. If you’re not satisfied, then you can return it before the warranty expires.