If there’s a craft that you enjoy, have you thought about selling your creations to make money? Sell your handmade creations online at Ebay, Etsy, Poppy Talk Handmade, Made It Myself, DaWanda, Art Fire, Buy Handmade and more. Consider these ten crafts which can help you earn the extra money:
1. Knitting. With two knitting needles and a thread or yarn, you can make clothing or accessories with your own chosen colors, texture and designs. This can be done by hand or using a knitting machine.
2. Cross stitching. A craft I used to do myself. Cross-stitching uses a counted-thread embroidery, needle and thread in creating designs or patterns. All you have to do is form x’s on your fabric while following a design or pattern.
3. Crocheting. Instead of a needle, a hook is used to make loops connected to each other. There are different styles of loops used in a crochet to form different designs and shapes. Crocheting can be used to make table cloths, mittens, mufflers, bonnets, sweaters and clothes.
4. Scrapbooking. This craft is so popular today. It’s like making your personal diary using photos, souvenirs, letters, and decorative materials that are put together to make one ensemble in the form of a book or an album.
5. Candle Making. Making candles out of candle wax can also be an enjoyable craft. Today candles come in all shapes, sizes, colors and designs. Scents and aromatic oils can also be used to make them extra special.
6. Jewelry Making. Jewelry making and beading is enjoying huge popularity today. All you need are pliers to cut and bend your wires. Swarovski crystals, beads, ceramic, silver, and metal are commonly used in place of the more expensive gold.
7. Quilting. Quilting is stitching together pieces of cloth either by hand or a sewing machine to create a bigger piece of fabric. Traditionally, quilts are made out of three layers of fabric, which usually differ in colors and designs giving the finished cloth a decorative and unique patched design. Quilts can be used as blanket, bed or seat covers.
8. Woodworking. Any method done to give a piece of wood design and function can be considered as woodworking craft such as carving or sculpting. Woodworking can be done to create boxes or storage, furniture, figurines and other art pieces.
9. Sewing. The art of sewing involves needle, thread and fabric to make bed sheets, table tops, rugs, upholstery, pillow cases, curtains and clothing. Sewing can either be done by hand or with a sewing machine.
10. Basket weaving. This involves the use of natural materials from plant or vegetable fibers that are woven together to create baskets or bins. People who live in the countryside or rural places, where plant fibers are abundant are often into this craft. Woven baskets are classic pieces that are not only decorative but functional as well.
1. Cross Stitch Kit by Chez Sucre Chez