The beautiful island of Boracay is located in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. The island can be found at the northwest end of Panay Island and is a part of Aklan province. Boracay is best known for its powdery, white beach sands which for many travelers is the “best in the world”.
The two most popular beaches in Bora are the White Beach and the Bulabog Beach. West of the island is the White Beach, which is the main tourist destination. It is about four kilometers long and is lined with hotels, resorts, lodging houses, restaurants and other business establishments.
Travel & Leisure magazine names Boracay as one (4th) of the Top 10 Best Islands in the World for 2011.
On the island, you can enjoy fun and excitement from a wide range of activities: such as snorkeling, diving, helmet-diving, banana-boat ride, jet skiing, boating, sailing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and para-sailing.
The island literally does not sleep at night and you can eat, drink, dance and party until the wee hours of the morning at the Beachfront. If you just want some quiet time to relax and unwind, you can take walks along the beach, wait for the sunrise or watch the sunset.
Are you planning a trip to Boracay? If yes, these travel tips will come in handy:
1. Book your airline ticket online and make online hotel reservations a few months in advance and avail of special promos.
2. Visit the island during off-peak season when prices are cheaper on almost almost everything including airline tickets, accommodation, food, souvenirs, etc.
3. There are plenty of shops and restaurants outside, just a few walks away from the Beachfront where everything is priced cheaper.
4. Even if you plan to stay in Boracay for a few days, you don’t need to bring lots of clothes as you can buy swimsuits, shorts, and tee-shirts right from the island.
5. Haggling is encouraged to get discounts from vendors and from locals who are offering island activities.
Have you been to Boracay?
All photos on this post by: theshopbug.com